22 Jan 2011

MIDEM 2011 - Day 1


MIDEM is always exciting for its conferences, ideas, energy and all the incredible people from all over the world you get to meet.

Today's first day kicked off with a great panel including Imogen Heap and Damian Kulash of OK Go on "Artists at work - Mixing talent and technology". All of it was great so I'm posting the full video for you to see for yourself.



Another amazing panel was the one that followed immediately on "Reinventing the Music Business", featuring Emily White, Jeff Castelaz, Toby Langley and Mathieu Drouin. I have to say it was really good to hear them talking about putting the artists back in control, it's something I really strive to do everyday for all the artists I work with and don't see the way forward any differently.

Ok so I'm going to be a little lazy tonight and direct you to my twitter stream where I posted the main quotes I thought were important today but more soon. :) If you want to read a summary of every MIDEM panel, I suggest you go directly to MIDEM's official blog or Hypebot & Musically.

Nighty 'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment