13 Jan 2011

Jumble fair #4


Happy New Year 2011 Everyone ! 
This year is starting with a bang but I'll be posting more about that later.
Today it's just about music I'm currently obsessed with. Literally. Stuff I hear or people recommend and that never ceases to amaze me. Thank you.

I don't remember a song having made me want to pick up singing in the shower again since Rhianna's "Word Love / 4Hero Soul Mix". (Nothing to do the Rihanna everyone knows). It's sweet, full of hope and just damn catchy - ooh aah. 


- Kutiman ! Most of you who know him probably discovered him via his "Thru-You" project ("The Mother Of All Funk Chords" !! "Just a lady" !!). Being a Pogo fan, it's not surprising I'm totally won over, but his eye for video is truly amazing too. I want to go to Israel now. FACT.


- Last but not least : the unexpected but brilliant collaboration between Erik Truffaz Quartet and Sophie Hunger on "Let Me Go !". The way they both just majestically take the time to develop the melodic line, the arrangements, despite the emergency of the message, makes me want to cling onto the song's  atmosphere for that little bit longer and keep playing it over again.

Enjoy !!

No comments:

Post a Comment