10 Dec 2010

Jumble fair #2


More links, videos, other. Just in time for the week-end. So...


The Dø - Slippery Slope
- I have to say, this post has been triggered by my sudden obsession for The Do's lastest video, that they premiered today. The colours and the light are beautiful, the singer strangely looks like actress Marina Hands and the music is exceptional.

- I'm glad I launched an advent calendar for Unicum as it's been a real treat to choose all the songs that make me think of Christmas. Some of them aren't Christmassy at all. No particular genre orientation. Just personal reasons. I like it like that. Hope you do too.

- Do you know what Quincy Jones' favourite motto is? "Life, love, laugh."

- My favourite dance track these last two (three?) weeks (months?!) has been Discodeine's "Synchronize" feat. Jarvis Cocker. 100% Positive Feelgood Vibes.


- As far as music industry news is concerned, I don't think the week could have ended in a nicer way than reading about Mute's company-consolidation plans now that it is back in the indie world. I'm ecstatic for Daniel Miller, actually. It's really not even about EMI (that all those lacking anything interesting to say nowadays think it's real smart to take aim at). My joy for Mute is really about their plans: it just seems like a long-awaited and long-overdue family reunion. With the right people at the right time in the right place. They will achieve greatness. Oh yes they will.

No comments:

Post a Comment